It’s really happening!
The 5th Filipino Reader Conference is happening this Saturday, November 28, 2015! Yay! Here are some friendly reminders about the event:
- We encourage everyone attending to pre-register through our EventBrite page, which is open until tomorrow (November 27, 2015) at 10:00 a.m. Although walk-ins are allowed, we strongly encourage the public to pre-register to make the registration process more convenient for everyone. It also involves signing-up for the panels, which also have limited seats. Other details concerning registration can be found at this page.
- This year’s Filipino Reader Conference will be held at the De La Salle University, Manila. Directions to the campus, as well as the university map, can be found on this page.
- Gates open at 8:00am, at DLSU’s North Gate. This is the one nearest to the Henry Sy Sr. Building. There’s a Fully Booked branch across that gate, so you definitely won’t miss it. Gates are open until 2:00pm, so be there on time so you won’t miss anything! :)
- Present your printed tickets at the registration booth so our team can check you in, and then pay the registration fee. No ticket? Just state your name if you’re pre-registered. The registration fee is PhP 150.00, which can be paid at the registration booth on the day itself. Cash payments only, and prepare exact change for your convenience. :)
- As regards parking spaces, while there may be available parking areas, we encourage everyone to take public transportation, since these spaces for parking tend to be limited.
- For those bringing gadgets such as laptops, DSLRs, and other large equipment: The university requires that entry permit forms be filled-out before entry. Please take note of the model and the serial number of the equipment when you fill out the forms. :)
- We have prepared lots of interesting informative topics for everyone, so feel free to take notes and pictures!
- Let’s interact and let our friends know the new things we’re learning from the event! Feel free to tweet anything about the event using #FilReaderCon. Live tweets are also available, so please follow @FilReaderCon for updates! We’re also on Facebook and Instagram, so tag us when you take photos! :D
- The highlight of the Filipino Reader Conference is, as always, the reader (That’s you!). Take this conference as your opportunity to meet new writers, book clubs, publishers, and other readers. You can also business cards to give to others, so that you can keep in touch with them even after the conference! :D
With that, we hope to see everyone on Saturday, November 28, 2015 at the 5th Filipino Reader Conference: Toward a Reading Revolution the Henry Sy Hall, De La Salle University! Let’s make this year a revolution for reading in the Philippines!