Yay! We’ve all waited for this for so long! It’s finally the 3rd Filipino ReaderCon! Here are some reminders for tomorrow:
- Registration starts at 8:00am. If you pre-registered, please arrive at the venue before 8:00am to secure your slot. Walk-ins are allowed, so if you did not pre-register, you can still go through regular registration. Be reminded however, that this is first come, first served. Please arrive early.
- If you’re bringing a car, you can download a car pass here.
- Registration fee is Php150, inclusive of reg kit, food stub, certificate, and a raffle stub.
- During registration, sign up for the panel you wish to join. Check out event’s updated program, it should help you decide. :) You may switch to another panel if you change your mind. Just proceed to the registration table again and sign up to the new one. Again, this is first come, first served. We have limited seats for each panel.
- Listen well and take good notes if you can. We have prepared a good mix of topics we know readers would enjoy and learn from.
- Inside your kit are food stubs and will be given when you register. This includes 2 snacks and 1 cocktails. As for lunch, you may take them at any of the restaurants lined up along Katipunan Ave. Please be reminded not to lose your name tag as you’ll still use them in the afternoon sessions.
- There is FREE WiFi at the venue. How awesome is that? Let us all be very interactive and tweet about the event using #filreadercon. We’ll be live tweeting the event, so make sure you’re following @PinoyReaderCon on Twitter. Please also tag us on your posts and photos on Facebook.
- Readercons are all about readers like you. Please make the most out of it especially during the socials. We’d love to meet you and your group! It will be helpful if you’d bring your business cards so we can exchange them with each other and get to know you more, even after the event is over! :)
- Finally, Readercon is also all about giving back. In light of the devastation brought about by Yolanda, we are holding a book drive for the Sacred Heart College in Tacloban. So, if you have books apt for high school students and you’re willing to donate them, please bring them over. We’ll set up a table where you can give your donations.
So, there! We hope everyone is all geared up for tomorrow. See you at What Readers Want: The 3rd Filipino Readercon – December 7th 2013 (Saturday), 8:00am to 6:00pm at the Rizal Library!
This event is held in partnership with Rizal Library and National Book Development Board (NBDB), and sponsored by Hachette Philippines, Simon & Schuster, Island Merchants Corporation, The Beachsters, Visprint, Buqo, Fully Booked, Samsung, Scholastic Philippines, Flipreads, OMF Literature, Inc and Adarna House.