Hi everyone! The 2nd Filipino ReaderCon is just hours away! Here are some reminders for tomorrow:
- Pre-registered attendees must arrive at the venue before 8:00am to secure their slots. First come, first served. If you did not pre-register or if you did not arrive by 8:00am, you can still go through regular registration.
- Registration fee is Php150, and will be paid upon arrival at the venue. FHL will be giving acknowledgment receipts for the payment. In case you need an official receipt, go back to the registration area during the breaks and request for an OR from the cashier. The fee is inclusive of snacks, a certificate and a raffle entry. The registration table will close at 3:00pm.
- Sign up for the panels / discussions will be done during registrations, so make sure you choose ahead of time! If you want to switch to another panel, just head over to the registration area to change your choice. Please note that there are limited seats for each panel, so you may not be accommodated if the panel is already full.
- Be on time! Check the program, pay attention to the emcee and the ushers and make sure you get to the session areas on time so you won’t miss anything.
- Breakfast, snacks and cocktails will be provided during the event. Food stubs will be included in the kit — please don’t lose them!
- Attendees are encouraged to get lunch at their preferred venue — we’re right next to the Ayala Triangle. Participants will also be given a 10% discount at Amici for the day (which you can still use after the event). If you do decide to have lunch outside, please don’t lose your name tag! You will need it in the afternoon sessions, too.
- Drinking water will be provided for the attendees all day. In the interests of environmentalism, kindly a non-disposable water container (tumblers, water bottles, etc) to the venue so we would not have to use disposable cups.
- Strictly no smoking inside the venue, and no food and drinks allowed inside the basement/library.
- There is WiFi at the venue, and we encourage you guys to tweet about the event! Make sure you tag your requests with #filreadercon so we can retweet you! We’ll be live tweeting the event, so make sure you’re following @PinoyReaderCon on Twitter. You can tag posts/photos on Facebook, too!
- Finally, have fun! And we’d love to have you all the way to the end of the ReaderCon — stay and chat during the socials! You can bring business cards if you want to build a readers’ network, or if you just want to keep in touch with the new bookish friends you’ll meet. :)
If you’re worried about getting lost, Filipinas Heritage Library is just across Manila Peninsula Hotel and beside Ayala Triangle. For those commuting, you can find commute / getting around directions to Ayala here. And here’s the Google map:
There’s a parking area right beside the venue, or you can also park in Greenbelt and take a 5-10 minute stroll towards the venue. :)
Don’t forget to bring your book donations for the FHL Book Donation program –we’ll be accepting donations all day! And you can still set some books off into the wild for The Great Book Swap — I’m sure there would be a lot of people willing to pick up the books you leave behind, and you may even meet whoever gets to pick up your book (don’t forget to tweet us about it so we can celebrate!
See you tomorrow at the United We Read: The 2nd Filipino ReaderCon will be TOMORROW – August 18, 2012 (Saturday), 8:00am to 6:00pm at the Filipinas Heritage Library! This event is held in partnership with Filipinas Heritage Library (FHL) and National Book Development Board (NBDB), and sponsored by Scholastic Philippines, Lampara Books, McDonald’s Philippines, Flipreads, Anvil Publishing, Inc, Hachette Philippines, Amici Philippines, OMF Literature, Inc and Adarna House.