It’s been several days since the 2nd Filipino ReaderCon: United We Read, and we’re sure some of us are still remembering the day fondly. It was such a fun event, yes? We’d like to take this chance to say our thanks to everyone who made this event possible:
- Our co-presenters: Filipinas Heritage Library and National Book Development Board
- Our major sponsors: Scholastic Philippines and Lampara Books
- Our minor sponsors: McDonald’s Philippines, Flipreads, Anvil Publishing, Inc, Hachette Philippines, Amici Philippines, OMF Literature, Inc and Adarna House
- To all the speakers, facilitators and book clubs who shared their knowledge and hosted the panels during the day. We’ve heard nothing but good feedback from all the sessions. :)
- To all the book sellers present during the event who gave all the attendees a chance to add even more books (and bookish trinkets) to their collection.
- To all the teachers, students, writers and publishing professionals who attended not just to share their knowledge and to learn, but to celebrate the day as a reader.
- To the Readers’ Choice Awards team, judges and everyone who supported this endeavor. This is definitely history in the making.
- To everyone who tweeted with us — #filreadercon trended for a while, and it wouldn’t have been possible if it weren’t for all you Twitterers. :)
- To the amazing volunteers who worked hard and even lost sleep (or ran on zero sleep!) just to help run the event. For two years the Filipino ReaderCon has been a volunteer-run event, and it just goes to show how passionate people can be for books and reading. Thank you, volunteers, because we wouldn’t be able to do all this without you!
- And of course, thank you to all the attendees. Whether you were physically there or you were with us virtually, many, many thanks to you! YOU made this event bigger and more awesome than we can ever hope for, and it was worth seeing all the smiles on your faces at the end of the day. Thank you!
This isn’t the end, of course. As what Ms. Andrea Pasion-Flores from NBDB said during her keynote speech: We need a reading revolution. We hope that this event helped us all be proud that we are Filipino readers. :)
See you at the next Filipino ReaderCon! (And don’t forget to give us your feedback! :D)
If you haven’t had enough, here are links to the blog posts about the Filipino ReaderCon (if you have a post that’s not there,leave a comment so we can add you):
- Winners of the 1st Filipino Readers’ Choice Awards (c/o Awards head Blooey)
- Rocket Kapre
- Reev Writes (with a video of the winners for the Filipino Readers’ Choice Awards)
- Nothing But Reviews
- The Blair Book Project
- Photos from Rhett de Jesus
- Book Rhapsody
- One More Page
- Cutting Edge-ucation
- Xi Zuq’s Nook
- Publishing in Pajamas
- More event photos on the Facebook